An EFAW Course with the benefit of 7 hours of Driver CPC accreditation
This course is aimed at training a person to recognise the scale of the emergency, prevent loss of life and send for first aid help if necessary. The course complies with the HSE 1981 "First Aid at work " legislation for “Appointed persons". Each student receives a first aid leaflet or manual. On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions.
- Understand the importance of basic hygiene in first-aid procedures.
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure.
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries. First Aid specific to road traffic accidents
These courses are taught in conjunction with Driver CPC Ltd (Director: Richard Arrowsmith) who provide the CPC accredited part of the course. They are approved by Joint Approvals Unit for Periodic Training (JAUPT).
Driver CPC first aid training courses are arranged on your own premises. Please contact the office for more information. 01234 356980