This Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) course is aimed at training a person to recognise the scale of the emergency, prevent loss of life and send for first aid help if necessary.
Each student receives an emergency first aid at work leaflet or manual.
On completion of the Emergency First Aid at Work training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions.
- Understand the importance of basic hygiene in first-aid procedures.
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure.
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries.
Emergency First Aid at Work courses must contain at least six contact hours. Trainers should use continuous assessment to evaluate candidates. There is no final practical assessment.
Usually, this emergency first aid course is run over a minimum of one day. However, it can run over a longer period, not exceeding three weeks, where each session lasts no less than two hours.
The time remaining will be used in a question and answer forum using the students’ experience of first aid.
The candidates chosen to attend should be able to complete An Emergency First Aid at Work course. This means that they should be physically able to cope with all emergency situations (such as CPR) and should possess adequate communication skills.
They should be a reliable member of staff who could easily leave their normal duties to attend to an emergency.
If they do not meet the above criteria they will not be able to achieve the standard required for an Emergency First Aid at Work certificate.
Please contact us at Bostock Health Care on 01234 356980 to book a course. To see our list of open courses please click here.
For dates of courses please click on the green "Course Timetable" button on the left.
Price: £92.00 + VAT - In-house courses can be more cost effective if you have a group of people to train.