Preventing the Spread of Infections Such as Norovirus, Bird Flu or Mers
As new strains of flu develop it becomes more important to protect yourself from infections. The NHS give the following guidance on their webiste:
- Wash your hands regularly, particularly after going to the toilet and before handling food.
- Turn away from other people and cover your mouth with tissues when you cough or sneeze.
- Dispose of tissues immediately after use and wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- If you are ill, avoid public places and contact with children or people with underlying illnesses.
- Tell the receptionist at your GP surgery (when you visit) about your symptoms so that you can be seated away from other people and given a surgical mask if necessary.
- Make sure that you maintain a good level of general health and that you have any recommended vaccinations.